To some, a doodle is merely what fills the blank spaces among algebra notes and work documents; but to others, with little hope of being the next Pablo Picasso or Leonardo DaVinci, they don't get museums, only blogs.

Friday, January 7, 2011

I take a whiskey drink!

"What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure for."
~ Irish Proverb

     I am a fan of whiskey.  From Bourbon to Scotch, Irish to Canadian, local to exotic, & expensive to cheap as hell served in a dirty glass in a dive bar.  It gets you drunk, it makes you regret things, it's generally a pretty fun time.  I grew up around Jack Daniels mostly, always remember there being some in the house, coming out for various occasions and when I started to drink I found it to be a drink of choice early on in my life.

     I have found there are many ways to drink whiskey.  Straight, on the rocks, mixed with coke, mixed with ginger ale, mixed with 7up, a double shot, a triple shot, out of someone's belly button, etc.   But there is one way to drink something that I'm a little unfamiliar with (and I suppose this term could be used with any liquor).

     
     What does it mean to have a "belt" of whiskey?  How should a belt of whiskey be drunk, where and when should you have a belt of whiskey?  I have come up with a few theories.


               Do you chug a hefty amount straight from the bottle?                OR                   Do you take a small and quick shot from a shot glass?



Maybe you take a belt of whiskey from a Styrofoam coffee cup when you wake up on a Tuesday afternoon in a daze.

Or maybe a belt of whiskey is best taken from a flask when you're standing in a motel room looking a hooker in the eyes a start to think to yourself; maybe it IS a possibility your parents were right, and you did screw up your life at one point or another.


     Hookers aside, I would like to know what you think taking a belt of whiskey means!  Please let me know, any thoughts or comments you may have on this very sophisticated matter!

5 comments:

  1. I like to believe it is a utility device containing the many important elements of whiskey drinking. Perhaps three or four varieties, a few 20 oz. colas & ginger ales, a jigger, and a handful of shot glasses.... Maybe also a couple of Tylenol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be a whiskey BELT...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use a belt of whiskey right now. So I guess it is the whiskey shot you drink at work after a 3 hour bus ride...

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe it means listening to some Whiskey Belt and drinking some Evan Williams from the bottle. http://whiskeybelt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is either an amount in your glass as high as your belt (like 2"-3" similar to "2 fingers"), OR as in a belt that you would "tie on" to keep you sane.

    ReplyDelete